1/4 pound (1 stick) unsalted butter
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
1 fresh poultry (ten to twelve pounds)
Freshly ground pepper
1 large bunch fresh thyme
1 whole lemon, halved
1 Spanish onion, quartered
1 mind garlic clove, halved crosswise
- Preheat the oven to 350 levels F.
- Melt the butter in a tiny saucepan. Add some zest and juice from the lemon and 1 teaspoon of thyme leaves towards the butter mixture. Put aside.
- Go ahead and take giblets from the poultry and wash the poultry inside and outside. Remove any extra fat and leftover pinfeathers and pat the outdoors dry. Put the poultry inside a large roasting pan. Liberally pepper and salt within the poultry cavity. Stuff the cavity using the couple of thyme, halved lemon, quartered onion, and also the garlic clove. Brush the outdoors from the poultry using the butter mixture and sprinkle with pepper and salt. Tie the legs along with string and tuck the wing tips underneath the body from the poultry.
- Roast the poultry a couple of 1/2 hrs, or before the juices run obvious whenever you cut between your leg and also the leg. Take away the poultry to some cutting board and canopy with aluminum foil let rest for 25 minutes.
- Slice the poultry and serve.
Recipe courtesy Barefoot Contessa Parties!,2001, All Legal rights Reserved
Perfect Roast Chicken
Perfect Poultry Burgers
Plant-Roasted Poultry Breast
Roast Poultry Breast with Gravy
Roasted Poultry Tenderloin with New Taters and Tarragon Broth
Roasted Cornish Game Hens
Skillet-Roasted Lemon Chicken
Spanish Chicken and Potato Roast
Find Your Event & Buy Tickets Now
Top 50 Tailgate Recipes
Easy + Family-Friendly